Beef Tripe Noodle Soup
600g chuck roll
500g beef tripe (first stomach)
400g beef tripe (second stomach)
300g beef’s tendon
600g radish (peeled, cut into pieces)
1 tbsp peppercorns (crushed0
1 kg flat noodles / “Sha Ho Fen”
7 litres water
20g dried Dioscorea yam
20g “Fu Shen”
50g “Yu Zhu”
30g medlar seeds
20g “Dang Shan”
30g red dates
20g dried “Longan”
10g “Bei Qi
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 stalk continental parsley (chopped)
some fried shallot oil
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp chicken stock granule
To make stock:
1. Blanch and cook the chuck roll, beef’s tripes, and beef’s tendon into boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove, rinse under running cool water, cut into convenient pieces, keep aside.
2. Put the chuck roll, first stomach, and beef’s tendon (except second stomach) into a deep pot, add in all herbals. Pour in water and bring to a boil. Cover, cook at medium heat for approximately 40 minutes.
3. Add in radish and second stomach, continue cook for further 25-30 minutes. Next, add in seasoning to taste.
1. Blanch the “Sha Ho Fen” into boiling water for a while, remove and drain well.
2. Place the “Sha Ho Fen” into a big serving bowl, spoon in beef stock, add in beef’s tripes, and beef’s tendon. Lastly, serve with the accompaniment.