Water dough ingredients:
200g plain flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
Oil dough ingredients:
160g plain flour
Topping: (mix well)
1 no egg (beaten)
2 drops of yellow food colouring
1. Mix water dough ingredients and oil dough ingredients into a dough separately, cover with kitchen towel, rest dough for 10 minutes.
2. Divide the water dough into 20g each portion and oil dough into 10g each portion, keep them aside.
3. Wrap each oil dough with a portion of water dough, form into round shape, press lightly to flatten, then roll out into thinly rectangle, roll up as swiss roll.(repeat 2 times).
4. Roll out the dough into oval shape. Spoon some kaya filling on one side, then fold up and form into puff shapes and seal.
5. Put the kaya puffs onto the roasting wire rack, brush some beaten egg on the surface, bake in the preheated oven at 180’C for 20-25 minutes until golden in colour, and crispy. Dish up, serve hot.