Braised Pork Knuckle
1 pork knuckle (about 1 kg) 6 cloves garlic
3 thumb size galangal 2 thumb size ginger
3 dried chillies Sugar
1 sprig cinnamon stick 5 whole star aniseeds
1 tsp five-spice powder 30 g rock sugar
4 tbsps high quality dark soy sauce
2 tsps salt 3 tbsps fish gravy
1. Boil pork knuckle in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Crush garlic, ginger and galangal with flat of a knife.
1. Heat oil in a stainless steel pot. Add sungar and cook into caramel. Put in garlic, galangal, dried chillies and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes. Put in knuckle.
2. Put in water to cover knuckle. Add seasoning and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce heat and cook until knuckle is soft. Garnish with parsley. Serve.